Wednesday 28 April 2010

Funny Money

Now clearly the 'American Dream' has had a little bit of a downer of late with Vince realizing he can only stay 90 days. But being some kind of a mental optimist I believe it is all going to be dandy!

Which is why I began to research money things.

Now I was sitting here thinking lovely things about rainbows and muffins when it struck me... 'Wait! don't banks charge you for taking out money abroad?'... and so began my extensive (maybe up to 10 minute) research into how not to get charged for transactions abroad. Now in that (just under) 10 minute research session I found some crazy shit; offshore banking, foreign accounts, opening an account in America (...or whatever the destination may be).

I was beginning to feel like it would be a bit complicated to get money out abroad and as my mood was spiraling downward in this 10 minute emotional roller coaster about banking I decided to google the obvious... 'travelling bank account'.

This opened up a world of dramatic realization (about banking) to the wondrous possibilities available to me. When I say possibilities I mean possibility, because there seems to be a nationwide (this is a pun you won't get it yet... and it was unintentional... think banks... you see you're getting it!) consensus on the most ideal bank account to open when going abroad.

And this bank account is... (i hinted at it with the pun)..... NATIONWIDE and their 'flexiaccount'. Basically it gives no fees when using the account abroad AT ALL with a decent exchange rate (apparently) and there isn't a weird unknown set up, we can pop into nationwide set up an account (hopefully not a joint account that would be weird) and enjoy the experience without much need to worry!

Now I'm sure I could've condensed this entire post to one paragraph, but where would be the drama and how would you know how my emotions soared and dived... over the course of (under) 10 minutes (about banking...)

(Dan)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vince and Dan

Vince and Dan
...not a couple